You’ve been hearing about it for some time now: m-Learning is the next big thing, and it’s here to stay. Check out these statistics:
- In 2012, 65% of workers declared their mobile devices to be their “most critical work devices.”
- 65% of information searches start on a smartphone.
- In the banking and finance industries, there’s a 12% higher completion rate among mobile learners at the 45-day milestone.
- In a recent survey of mobile learners, 99% believed the format and presentation enhanced their learning, and more than 75% praised the convenience and time management benefits.
But is m-Learning secure?
Mobile security is a big issue as companies move toward delivering more and more training and just-in-time learning via mobile devices. Part of the security threat lies with disgruntled employees who now have easier access to confidential company information on many different devices.
“[Technology] policies need to be updated to take into account the various places that employees will be using their devices, such as home use, the avenues through which data can travel and the different types of communication that are occurring, such as Facebook, Twitter and text messages. They also need to come with good training and practices behind them,” states Paul Luehr, managing director at Stroz Friedberg, a global data risk management company with a cyber-crime lab.
The other security threat has to do with how you deliver and manage important company documents and information. In mobile education, privacy is particularly important for sensitive data such as learners’ personal details and communications, confidential information about learners, assessment data and data confidential to the company deploying training.
Choose a secure m-Learning platform.
It’s important to choose an extremely secure delivery method for your m-Learning, such as Lectora® Mobile, the new mobile learning solution from the makers of Lectora. Lectora Mobile exceeds all known security requirements in the industry (over-the-air, in-the-cloud, single sign-on security and double encryption), so your learners can safely use their own preferred devices. In addition, it works on all devices, from iPhones and iPads to Android phones and tablets!
Subscribe to the Lectora e-Learning Blog, so you don’t miss out on all the resources you need for the latest e-Learning trends!
Latest posts by Stephanie Ivec (see all)
- What’s in a Name? Exciting News from the CourseMill Team - July 29, 2014
- I Spy… Learning Gaps - July 23, 2014
- How to Create Your Own e-Learning Video - July 17, 2014