Localization involves taking something—like an e-Learning course—and making it linguistically and culturally appropriate to the target locale (country/region and language), where it will be used or sold, according to LISA, the Localization Industry Standards Association.
The world has a growing need for localization. 65% of multinational enterprises believe localization is important to increase revenues, according to research by Common Sense Advisory: “Evolution and Revolution in Translation Management.” If you haven’t already, consider localization for your e-Learning. Translating content for your learners—and making sure it’s culturally appropriate—is important!
And since Lectora® is Your Everything for e-Learning Place, we’ve collected these free resources to help you localize your e-Learning course:
- Read this whitepaper to get answers to a few of your questions on localization:
What is e-Learning Localization?
- Check out this blog post with tips to help you write content that’s ready to be translated:
4 Tips for Translating and Publishing e-Learning Courses
- Localization requires more than just translating your content. You also need to be aware of cultural differences between countries and people from backgrounds.
Here’s a blog post to help:
How Cultural Differences Can Change the Meaning of Your e-Learning Content
- Here’s another helpful blog post to read on designing a course that’s ready for translation:
4 Things to Consider When Translating Your e-Learning Content
Lectora Inspire V11.3 e-Learning software supports 7 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish, Chinese and Brazilian Portuguese. Plus, you can develop and publish content with Chinese, Japanese, Korean and other double-byte language text. Sign up for a free 30-day trial today!
Subscribe to the Lectora e-Learning Blog to see the next Thursday’s Trending e-Learning Topic, where you’ll find all the resources you need on a popular and current e-Learning topic!
Don’t forget to check out the past blog posts in this series!
- Thursday’s Trending e-Learning Topic: mLearning
- Thursday’s Trending e-Learning Topic: Gamification
- Thursday’s Trending e-Learning Tropic: Social Learning
- Thursday’s Trending e-Learning Topic: Storyboarding