Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Lectora and CourseMill Forums

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Default Unable to Locate the LMS's API Implementation and Find API Adapter

Hi there,

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to computers and have been introduced to using Lectora fairly recently. I have learned how to upload courses using SCORM to a Moodle website. Please note that I don't really know what SCORM or Moodle are! However, this uploading process has worked fine for me in the past and it is only now that I am experiencing some problems.

I uploaded a course the other day and was clicking through it to make sure it all worked ok when on one specific click of the 'next' button (the same next button that had worked for all the preceding pages!) the Internet Explorer browser tells me that it is blocking the site from downloading a file. Now I didn't want it to download a file, I just wanted to move to the next page!

When I allow it to download this file, it reloads the entire course.

When I get back to the same page and try to click the next button, it asks me again if I want to download the file. When I say 'open' this time, it comes up with an error message saying "Unable to find an API adapter". Clicking 'ok' on this message takes me to another error message that says "Unable to locate the LMS's API Implementation. LMSInitialize was not successful." Clicking 'ok' brings up the same "Unable to find an API adapter" message. Clicking 'ok' again brings up a new "Unable to locate the LMS's API Implementation" message that this time says "LMSGetValue was unsuccessful". This continues on for a few more error messages until it finally loads the page.

However, attempting to do anything from this point (even trying to 'X' out of the window) results in further error messages of the same type that I've mentioned above.

These exact same problems have happened to me on another course I uploaded, but not on a 'next' button, this time it occurs when trying to click on a different button.

Can anybody please help me with this problem?!

I am using Lectora v9.3 and publishing to SCORM 1.2 Conformant. I am not sure what type of Moodle it is... I can't find a version number?

Thanks

I am also running into this problem. Was there a solution? I know after trial and error, I think I narrowed it down to a problem with the template. Just don't know where the problem is to fix it.

Multimedia Developer
    Thanks

I'm having the same basic problem. This is my first attempt at creating a SCORM compliant project. Here are the error messages I get per page:
    1. "Unable to find API adapter"
    2. "Unable to locate the LMS's API Implementation. LMSInitialize was not successful."
    3. "Unable to find API adapter"
    4. "Unable to locate the LMS's API Implementation. LMSGetValue was not successful."
    5. "Unable to find API adapter"
      "Unable to locate the LMS's API Implementation. LMSGetValue was not successful."
    6. "Unable to find API adapter"
    7. "Unable to locate the LMS's API Implementation. LMSSetValue was not successful."
    I am attempting to connect to TRAIN.org everything should be set up on our server (I guess, I don't get to touch it so ...)

Thanks

When a SCORM-based WBT is initially launched from within an LMS, the WBT creates an instance of what is known as the "API Adapter." The API Adapter serves as the connection between the tutorial running in the browser, and the LMS running on the server. All data passed back and forth between the WBT and the LMS must go through the API Adapter. The error you are referring to is catastrophic since it is indicating that the WBT cannot find/initialize the API Adapter. These messages are commonplace, for instance, whenever you try to view a SCORM-wrapped WBT locally in the browser, without publishing it to a SCORM-capable LMS. It could be the result of an improperly configured LMS. It could be a result of content of the package (zip file) as well.

The first thing I would do, is upload the SCORM-wrapped course (the 'package') to a SCORM testing environment and verify that the issue is not the package itself. I recommend Rustici Software's SCORM Cloud (SCORM SCORM Cloud) for testing. The ADL Test Suite will work as well, but it's getting a little dated and ricketty technologically. If the package uploads and runs correctly, at least you've ruled out issues with the package itself, and the issue most likely lies with LMS configuration on the back-end.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to apearceaz For This Useful Post:

CarrieLou (03-20-2012)