Welcome to the Lectora and CourseMill Forums
If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
Audio Problems with Internet Explorer 9
Thanks for reading this post.
We have Lectora Enterprise Edition version X4.14 (7782) and are having problems with audio files (mp3) that will not play in Explorer 9 running in Windows 7. The audio files work perfectly in other browsers.
Does anybody have the same problem and/or any suggestions?
Sound is an interesting issue in different browsers...
I've a course with sounds (mp3) that is played under certain conditions:
Firefox 3.6.16: Everything's fine. I'm happy, I've kept that version to check whether my settings are correct
Firefox 4: No sound
IE9: Sound is playing as long as the actions that control it are not in a group
Chrome: Sound is always playing. Conditions are ignored completely. Clicks on both "Sound off" and "Sound on" make the sound start from the beginning
I'm working with Lectora vX.3 in Windows 7
My customers work with IE8 (as far as I know) and I never received complaints...
Are you folks reporting these issues to Lectora? Although Trivantis is too slow IMHO at ensuring cross-browser compatibility... it is an unenviable job.
I am planning to test IE9 tonight but I am not terribly surprized that there are issues.
Ironically, the one browser that Lectora specifically doesn't support (without modification to lesson code) is Opera... yet I have found that Opera consistently gives me the least amount of grief with my authored courses. And I am supposed to be a Firefox evangelist.
Anyhow, my biggest headache comes from organizations that are still locked on IE6. I simply cannot support them.
Now we have IE9.... hmm... something tells me to expect 'fun' times ahead.
Thanks for your input. In response to your question about reporting the issue to Lectora, I'm not sure. I have sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (I think that's the right email) and they have responded with a suggestion to convert all of the mp3 files to another format. Is there a more formal way to report the issue or open a trouble ticket?
In any case, I'm glad we are not alone in this and hope we can get this solved in the near future.
OMG! Are you kidding me?
Originally Posted by educapro
Are you implying that support had no interest in investigating the issue?
If so, that is a lousy response but not entirely unexpected from Trivantis support!
Originally Posted by sconnell
To solve this problem I had to convert the mp3 files to .flv files.
While I agree that Trivantis' solution to convert MP3s to another format (as you did) is not a real solution, we almost always convert to MP3s to FLVs either within Lectora or when publishing. Some advantages are:
1. Smaller files, even with slight compression
2. The volume setting is remembered from page to page if you adjust; MP3s return to the default volume setting for each page (at least on earlier browsers than IE 9)
I know this doesn't resolve your original issue.
Tags for this Thread
Lectora and CourseMill are registered trademarks of Trivantis Corporation, Camtasia and Snagit are registered trademarks of TechSmith Corporation and
Flypaper is a trademark of Flypaper Studio. Camtasia and Snagit are used with the permission of TechSmith Corporation.
Copyright © 1999-2013. Trivantis Corporation Inc. All rights reserved.