Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Lectora and CourseMill Forums

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Drag and Drop Problem

Hi Guys,

I have a built a drag and drop assessment question where I have 6 draggers and 1 target. 4 draggers needs to go in the target area and 2 draggers are distractors.

Now my problem is the when I publish the course and run through the question and put these 2 distractors in the target area then in the Test results it comes as "Not answered".

It should show my incorrect response in format like this: 1-1, 2-1

I don't know why its doing that.

Please help if someone has got any idea to fix this.

Thanks

Ben Pitman aka Dr Lectora
    Thanks

In a D&D question, each drag item needs its own drop location unless it is a distractor. For an addon that gets you part the way there, see Enhanced Drag & Drop Question

If you are new to Lectora, I recommend you check out www.eProficiency.com. Look at the
    resources and recommended books. Go to the Know-how Store and take all the free courses
    available including all the Feature/Training courses which will teach you a lot about
    Lectora for free! Also download the free toolkit to see how some things work and the
    free Lectora coding tips. You will also find other Resources including book
    recommendations and tools. I also offer e-books on Lectora as well as remote training.

www.branchtrack.com
    Thanks

I just re-created your scenario in Lectora and it works fine.
    When I place both distractors, the answer is "5-1, 6-2" (because my distractors are #5 and #6).

www.branchtrack.com
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benpitman View Post
    In a D&D question, each drag item needs its own drop location unless it is a distractor.
    If you put all targets on top of each other, it still works fine. So you can have multiple draggers, single target.

Thanks

I have not seen that work. While you may be able to drop them in the same location, it may not give the correct answers. If you are having success with this, I sure would like to see it. Please zip and send.

Also consider how the user is going to make corrections. What if they decide that the first item (now on the bottom) belongs somewhere else and they want to move it. They have a lot of work to do.

www.branchtrack.com
    Thanks

I did some more testing and it turns out that placing drop targets on top of each other is not a good idea, Lectora does confuse them from time to time (easier to spot if you have a lot of them and if you drop draggers randomly).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssneg View Post
    I just re-created your scenario in Lectora and it works fine.
    When I place both distractors, the answer is "5-1, 6-2" (because my distractors are #5 and #6).
    Hi ssneg,

It works for you but I don't know why its not working for me

Any guess??

Thanks mate

Thanks

I have never had any luck with putting drop locations on top of one another. Confuses Lectora.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benpitman View Post
    I have never had any luck with putting drop locations on top of one another. Confuses Lectora.
    Hi Ben,

My problem is that why I gettting "Not Answered" in test results when I put distractors on the target.

Any idea mate??

Thanks
    Last edited by ssoni; 11-30-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks

That should work. In fact you cannot put distractor drop locations anywhere else. Or are you talking about drag distractors? Also, I am not clear what your issue is.

I would be glad to help but I need to see the problem.
    1. Create a new title in a new folder with just the problem page(s). Remove any confidential information.
    2. Publish and check the Delete box to remove all unused resources to a) get the file size down AND b) most importantly make sure that it still fails as you describe.
    3. Then File menu > Export > Zip and send that zip file to me at the email below along with a brief description of the problem (as I help a lot of others). Be sure to include your phone # if in the US.