Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Lectora and CourseMill Forums

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Exclamation Published as HTML- Several Issues - Help

I just finished a project and published it as an HTML file. I am having a couple of issues and don't understand why. I am hoping someone could help me out.

I have a "matching" question in my project. The one where you are supposed to click on one column and match it with another option from the second column. It works in Internet Explorer, but not Chrome. My mouse changes into a pointer when I hover over an option, but will not draw the line to connect the two options. Why is this? How can i fix it?

In chrome, at the end of the quiz, none of my buttons show up - including my done/submit button. Again, it works in IE, but not chrome. How can I fix this?

I have one section that has 4 buttons. When buttons are clicked, an image is supposed to display and audio play. This is not working in Chrome, but is working in IE. How Can I fix this?

I have an activity that I manually built into the training. There is an image and over it I have transparent boxes. The users are supposed to click on a section on the image (ie where I have the transparent box). Upon doing this, text is supposed to display aside the image and a green box with no fill is supposed to show up around the clicked area. This does not work in any browser. The image or transparent boxes wont show up. I believe this is happening because of some layering issue, but am unsure. Suggestions?

Finally, I am having an issue with audio (I do not have any issues in IE, but I do in chrome). Currently I have a sound file as the "controller". Users are supposed to click a button and upon doing so, a text box and the controller is supposed to show up and play. The text box appears, the audio clip as the controller appears (but does not auto play). Then there is a "hide" button that is supposed to hide the text box and "controller". The text box will hide, but the controller will not.

Thanks for all the help!

Thanks

Chrome doesn't execute javascript correctly when viewing a page locally on your machine. To check whether it's working in Chrome you'll have to upload the course to a server and view it online. That solved the issue for me.

Tim

3. The Following User Says Thank You to timk For This Useful Post:

kaseyk (03-12-2012)

Thanks

kaseyk, did Tim's answer solve your issue?

I don't know about others but I stopped using the matching questions because I had about 10% of my learners report back that the matching questions were not functioning properly.

It is possible that Java is usually the culprit but still, the code that Lectora X.6 (and earlier) generates is quite messy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sconnell For This Useful Post:

kaseyk (03-16-2012)

Thanks

The java bit makes sense for most of it except one of the questions.

I have an activity that I manually built into the training. There is an image and over it I have transparent boxes. The users are supposed to click on a section on the image (ie where I have the transparent box). Upon doing this, text is supposed to display aside the image and a green box with no fill is supposed to show up around the clicked area. This does not work in any browser. The image or transparent boxes wont show up. I believe this is happening because of some layering issue, but am unsure. Suggestions?

Thanks,

www.branchtrack.com
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaseyk View Post
    The java bit makes sense for most of it except one of the questions.

Thanks,
    Does it work in Lectora Preview mode?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ssneg For This Useful Post:

kaseyk (03-16-2012)

Thanks

Yes.

Ben Pitman aka Dr Lectora
    Thanks

I would be glad to help but I need to see the problem.
    1. Create a new title in a new folder with just the problem page(s). Remove any confidential information.
    2. Publish and check the Delete box to remove all unused resources to a) get the file size down AND b) most importantly make sure that it still fails as you describe.
    3. Then File menu > Export > Zip and send that zip file to me at the email below along with a brief description of the problem (as I help a lot of others). Be sure to include your phone # if in the US.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to benpitman For This Useful Post:

kaseyk (03-19-2012)

Thanks

Default Issue solved - thanks Ben!

Ben was a great help to me on this one. After looking at the Title he realized that I had actions assigned to objects that did not have any actions. To be specific, I I had a rectangle that had actions assigned to it when I did not need to. For some reason when I published as an HTML the errors showed up in blue, not red so I overlooked them as I was not ready for the final publish.

I hope this helps everyone who is having similar problems to me and if you want more details on mine just ask.