Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Lectora and CourseMill Forums

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Does anyone know how to reset a choice radio button when the user enters a page?Does anyone know how to reset a choice radio button when the user enters a page?

Thanks

Holly,Your radio button group should have a variable value associated with it. ¬*All you need to do is set up an action (perhaps from a button) which will set that variable to its initial state.For example if I have a group called Radio_Group with the following radios, Radio_1, Radio_2, and Radio_3 and I initially have the first radio set then I would make a button that does an OnClick > modify variable > target:Radio_Group > value:Radio_1 > set variable contents. ¬*This will reset my group to the first radio button. ¬*If you would like all of the radios to be empty then simply leave the value box empty.Now, you will also need to refresh the radio group in order to see this change. ¬*Place another action (perhaps under the button) such as OnMouseClick > Change Contents > target:Radio_Group > New Contents:Radio_Group.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply.Your suggestions were basically what I figured would need to happen but I'm not having much luck finding ways to do them.I'm not sure where there radio button variables are accessable from.  They were created by the question page and I haven't been able to find the variables associated with them.  Also, I can't hang actions off of them or any other object within a "question".  I don't want the refresh to be dependent on a button that the user has to push, it should happen automatically when the page loads.Do you have any more insight on this problem?ThanksHB

Thanks

Holly, You can see all of the variables by clicking Tools > Manage Variables. If you have questions in your title, you will notice variables in the Reserved list like Question_001, Question_002, etc..These question variable names are also found in the properties of the question page. Double-click a question within one of your pages that contains a question. You'll see a field for associated variable name. This is the name of the variable you'll need to clear in order to zero out the screen everytime the student enters the page.Here's how you do that:1. Add an action to the page (not the question, but the page that contains the question) and set it up like this:   a. On: Show   b. Action: Modify Variable   c. Target: The question variable that correlates to the question you'd like to clear.   d. Value: 0That should clear it for that question. Now copy this action for all of the additional questions on this page, or any other and change the Target variable for each action you copy to clear other questions.This will clear that variable when the page appears and give the student a fresh start everytime.steve