Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Lectora and CourseMill Forums

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Question Drag and Drop functionality absent in IE 10

Our company produces a slew of SCORM courses utilizing the Drag and Drop functionality in our test questions. We recently received a support case from a customer who had upgraded to Windows 8 with IE 10 and they noted that the Drag and Drop no longer functions. The drag images are not movable and therefore cannot be dropped which results in a 'dead spot' in the knowledge assessment preventing further progress. Has anyone else had any issues with this? I'm wondering if it has to do with the page's rendering of the images as I'm noticing some new filtering being applied in the page html concerning "filter: progid: DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha" and "filter: progid: DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader."

I used BrowserStack today to test IE 10 and IE 10 Metro on Windows 8 with a course published using the latest version (trial) of Lectora to see if anything was built in to support IE 10 but the Drag and Drop functionality is still non-existent. Also page transitions do not work, the page just loads without any transition to speak of.

In this image I attempted to drag answer option D to a spot on the drop image but was given a circular cancel image when I tried to release option D.
    IE10Win8.jpg
    Last edited by XoloCraft; 01-04-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: More research conducted

Thanks

Default Drag and Drop functionality absent in IE 10

I just ran into the same issue. A user called in, unable to use the drag and drop feature. Has anyone come up with a resolution?

Thanks

Default No solutions yet

I'm still keeping my eye out but I haven't heard anything/found a solution. Lectora support must have disregarded the two tickets I submitted.

Thanks

Default Touch screen or mouse?

I just tired it and it is working correctly for me, but I am using a mouse. Is the problem related to doing drag and drop using touch interface instead of a mouse?

Thanks

Default browser and document mode

This seems to be related to IE's browser and document modes. By default IE installs with "Internet Explorer 10 Compatibility View" for the Browser Mode and "Quirks" for the Document Mode. My drag-and-drop questions were also broken (can't drop) with these defaults. If I change the Browser Mode to "Internet Explorer 10" OR if I change the Document Mode to "Standards", that gets things working again. You can access the modes via the Developer Tools (F12).