Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Lectora and CourseMill Forums

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Default MP4 Video not working on iPad

I am using Lectora v11. I have converted a video in my course to MP4 and it is not working on my iPad3. I can play the MP4 video that is in the iPad Lectora Guide, but within coursemill the video will not play. It is not set to auto-play. I need help Please!

Thanks

Thanks

Wink Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer.diaz View Post
    I am using Lectora v11. I have converted a video in my course to MP4 and it is not working on my iPad3. I can play the MP4 video that is in the iPad Lectora Guide, but within coursemill the video will not play. It is not set to auto-play. I need help Please!

Thanks
    I was able to resolve this issue by adding an MIME type to my Apache Tomcat server. I just searched "how to add MIME type". I did have to know what the IIS version was in order to do this. Once I was able to add the MIME Type video/mp4, the videos worked Great!

I know this response seems very techi-ish, I am not all that techi - google-ing and testing was all i did - i don't understand how this works but it did work!

EDIT - I was able to get the videos and sound to work on the iPad, however now the on a PC the videos work but the sound does not. If anyone knows anything about MP4 videos not playing sound on a PC please help!
    Last edited by jennifer.diaz; 03-22-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: not resolved