Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Lectora and CourseMill Forums

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Default Another Drag and Drop Feedback Question -- HELP!

I have a drag and drop question with 12 drags and 12 drop areas w/ No distractors. I have positive and negative feedback for the entire question upon completing and selecting the "submit" button. This all works fine. My dilemma is in regards to 3 of the 12. Those 3 need to have an immediate feedback (via a small popup). I have added an action on each choice to display a popup feedback...no problems there. Here is the problem. I ONLY want the popup to display on the wrong drop areas and NOT the right areas. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Truly Frustrated...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thumbs up Another Drag and Drop Feedback Question - SOLVED!

Well I guess I'm responding to my own post, but hope this will help those that are in the same situation. I figured it out with a little nudge from a friend online. On Timed actions at the page level and not on the question or feedback level was the answer. It's as simple as 1,2,3 or (1-1,2-2,3-3).

Here is what I did to get two different types of feedback with a little custom feel. I wanted an immediate feedback once I dropped 3 of the 12 drag items and another overall feedback for the question, upon the selection of the Submit button. I had 12 drag's and 12 drop's and NO distractors and multiple drop areas. Each drag item can be dropped into any of 3 drop areas. The "immediate" feedback was intended for 3 drag items that will be on the far right of the drop area (or 10, 11, and 12) drop areas.

The example I am using was for my 4th drag item. The value for the 3 correct was: 4-10, 4-11, 4-12. Incorrect were: 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 4-7, 4-8, 4-9.
    Procedure: On the page level, I placed 3 different On Timed/Show actions and 3 OnTimed/Hide actions. The OnTimed/Show action is as follows: Timed Interval / Delay .5 sec / Show / Target: (Immediate Feedback Image/Text) / If (Any Condition can be True) / Variable (Question_xxxx) / Contains / 4-1 (repeat the condition for all "Incorrect".) / Hide / (Immediate Feedback Image/Text). (this last hide is when you re-select the image/text box the feedback will disappear until dropping onto the drop area. It's a little bit of custom I liked, it's up to you to add this.)

The OnTimed/Hide action is as follows: Timed Interval / Delay .5 sec / HIde / Target: (Immediate Feedback Image/Text) / If (Any Condition can be True) / Variable (Question_xxxx) / Contains / 4-10 (repeat the condition for all "Correct".)

I hope this help those that need it.
    Ben
    Last edited by marshallb13p3; 07-23-2013 at 11:15 AM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marshallb13p3 For This Useful Post:

lauram (07-24-2013), oblako (01-07-2014), tsam (07-28-2013)

Thanks

If I wanted to add a custom immediate feedback text block for all of my drag items in a drap and drop, would I need to create that # of different actions like suggested above?

I'm having a heck of a time figuring this out. I'm new to Lectora and find the variables and conditions confusing.

Any help is appreciated!