Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Lectora and CourseMill Forums

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

The problem is that AICC/SCORM do not support non-ascii characters (non English) for the AU, chapter, and page names in a course. Currently, it will cause a general exception error in the Java applet. Please remove these characters from the page names for now and it will fix the problem. The new Service Pack 2 for Lectora 2004 will automatically convert non-ascii characters during publish.Aaron

Thanks

I have a problem as well trying to run a Lectora course using the Java Plug-in version # 1.4.2_04. The error I get is;load: class TitleMgrApplet.class not found.java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: TitleMgrApplet.class      at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)     at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)     at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)     at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)     at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)     at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)     at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed.     at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)     at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)     at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)     ... 10 moreIs the .class file part of the .jar file? I have one version of the Java Plug-in on my PC. Most users at our company have just had their Java Plug-in updated to this new version. Most also have an IE version with Microsoft VM enabled so it hasn't been a problem unless a user has disabled Microsoft VM. Since Microsoft VM is no longer supported and as I understand it can not be shipped in IE after Sept, I'm concerned our Global IT group will uninstall Microsoft VM later this year. Any suggestions?Cory

Thanks

Cory,It sounds like the TitleMgrApplet.jar file is missing from the course files on the webserver.

Thanks

Actually it is there. I can see the file on the server and was curious if the .class compiled java was part of the .jar file. Cory

Thanks

Yes, the class is located in the jar file ... if you open the jar file with a zip program, you can see this.The jar file might have become corrupted when it was uploaded to the webserver. When using ftp, always transfer the files using binary and not ascii.

Thanks

When I ftp I use the binary and auto options of WS_FTP Pro. I'm assuming this will send files as binary or ASCII as necessary. We had one developer who was using the binary option only, but the course would not prompt with the security warning, they hosted the content separate from our LMS. Adding the auto option corrected this problem so I was assuming the security applet had to go as ASCII. I'll try binary with the .jar file and see if that changes anything. Thanks!Cory

Thanks

With Lectora 2006, we're experiencing trouble with a course (AICC) on some of our PCs. The course will not load for some users unless Java Virtual Machine and Sun Java compiler on the student’s browser are disabled.We've never had this problem with a course before. I am trying to determine what is included in the course that might be causing this problem. Does anyone have any insight?Thanks!

Thanks

Apart from the Jun 06 post this thread has been idle for a long time... Our experiences with Sun java appear to have been identical to everyone elses.Our findings were that with Windows NT we needed to get up to Sun Java 1.4.2_08. If we remained on 1.4.2_06 or older for 1.4.x we had freezes all the time. This was also the case with Windows XP with versions of sun Java below 1.4.2_10 it frequently crashed... except if MS hotfix KB883939 was present this seemed to be the common point. Further to that, we still had other issues where courses just refused to launch, this issue was squashed once we moved to 1.5.0_06. Hope all that makes sense. I'd be interested to know if anyone else had similar results (which I'm sure I'll find as I keep going through the forums)

Thanks

I think this is on-topic. I‚Äôve just loaded the latest Demo Lectora Publisher Professional Edition. I then published a AICC course in which the course documents sit on a different server than the LMS. When running the course in IE 6, things work well. When running the course via a Java Plugin ‚Äì it can not connect to the LMS. This is both in IE & Netscape. The results seem the same for Plugin 1.4.X and 1.5.X. One potential problem is that the initial AICC-HACP LMS server call is first routed to an HTTPS authentication server. Since the users is already authenticated via the LMS, the auth. server (in therory) auto routes the HACP call back to the LMS server. (This is behavior I see with no plug in) Is it possible the Java Plugin is stopping the forwarding request? For example, I know a generic Java URLConnection object will not follow redirects when network ports are changed in the redirect process i.e. 80 --> 443. Any thoughts? This is the line in which the code bombs and subsequent debug info. redirPage = titleMgr.GetParam( 'Lesson_Location' ) DEBUG CODE: Title Manager Signed Applet Loading string file    : trivantis-strings.bin Num Strings = 29 String Name = YA String Value = Your answer: String Name = YAC String Value = Your answer (correct): String Name = CA String Value = Correct answer: String Name = NA String Value = (not answered) String Name = Q String Value = Question String Name = FAIL String Value = FAILED String Name = PASS String Value = PASSED String Name = SCORE String Value = SCORE: String Name = STUD String Value = Student: String Name = TRSUB String Value = Your test results have been submitted. String Name = DATE String Value = Date: String Name = FROM String Value = From: String Name = SUB String Value = Subject: String Name = TO String Value = To: String Name = OK String Value = OK String Name = Cancel String Value = Cancel String Name = Print String Value = Print String Name = Details String Value = Details String Name = CMTO String Value = Your session has timed out. Please login again. String Name = ERRNQ String Value = The number of questions in the test has changed. Please contact your instructor to reset the test results. String Name = ERRAS String Value = You have already submitted the results of this test. String Name = ERRLI String Value = You must be properly logged in to CourseMill to submit this test. String Name = ERRST String Value = There was an error submitting your test results, please try again later. String Name = ERRAICC String Value = Unable to contact AICC Course Management System. This course must be run from within an AICC Course Management System for the course data to be recorded. String Name = ERRIO String Value = I/O Error, cannot send results: String Name = ERRME String Value = Error in mail protocol, cannot send results: String Name = ERRMU String Value = MalformedURL Exception! String Name = ERRSE String Value = Security Error, unable to send request. This course must be loaded from the system that the data is submitted to: String Name = ERRUH String Value = Unable to find local host, cannot send results: Content Frameset = contentframe MaxNumVariables = 44 MaxNumFormElements = 10 AICC Interface Enabled Default Location = a001_page_1.html Heartbeat Timeout = 5 setVariable for COURSE_ID to CourseID Adding Variable #0 COURSE_ID to CourseID setVariable for LESSON_ID to A001 Adding Variable #1 LESSON_ID to A001 Start request setVariable for exitAUreturnURL to http://CLINENTSSURLcomponentTypeID=SELFSTUDY&componentID= TSTAICCLECT &revisionDateMilliseconds=1157736780000&studCpntID =6048&from LearningHistory=null Adding Variable #2 exitAUreturnURL to http://CLINETLMSURLcomponentTypeID=SELFSTUDY&componentID= TSTAICCLECT &revisionDateMilliseconds=1157736780000&studCpntID =6048&from LearningHistory=null Parsing Startup Parm [AICC_SID=C6048M1883S&AICC_URL=http%3a%2f%2fclient% 2eclient%2ecom%2fclnt%2fPwsAicc&CMI=HACP] Decoded Url String [CLIENTURL ‚Äì THIS IS GOOD] AICC Url [CLIENTURL -- GOOD] Sending [GetParam] to [CLIENTURL] ***end of data*** Checking for com.ms.security.PolicyEngine ... Permission failed ... java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ms.security.PolicyEngine ArgString [version=3.0.1&session_id=C6048M1883S&command=GetPa ram] Try Java 2 Security Model - AccessController doPrivileged doPrivileged exception java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission CLIENTDOMAIN:80 connect,resolve) java.lang.NullPointerException      at TrivantisSignedHttp.sendPostMessage(TrivantisSigne dHttp.java :257)      at TitleMgrSignedApplet.sendRequest(TitleMgrSignedApp let.java:1 696)      at TitleMgrSignedApplet.GetParam(TitleMgrSignedApplet .java:1919 )      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source)      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source)      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)      at sun.plugin.javascript.invoke.JSInvoke.invoke(Unkno wn Source)      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source)      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source)      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)      at sun.plugin.javascript.JSClassLoader.invoke(Unknown Source)      at sun.plugin.com.MethodDispatcher.invoke(Unknown Source)      at sun.plugin.com.DispatchImpl.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)      at sun.plugin.com.DispatchImpl$1.run(Unknown Source)      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)      at sun.plugin.com.DispatchImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException      at sun.plugin.com.DispatchImpl.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)      at sun.plugin.com.DispatchImpl$1.run(Unknown Source)      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)      at sun.plugin.com.DispatchImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

Thanks

Duh -- If I read my own Debug code it would be helpful.Turns out all i need was to digitally sign the TitleMgrApplet.jar file using a self signed certificate (i.e. jarsigner and keytool) or set my local .java.policy file to allow Applet socket permissions, i.e. policytool. I hope this helps somebody in the future.